Monday, April 16, 2018

Website building

Building a website from the grounds up is a daunting task. Finally, I took up the challenge and built a basic photography website as a stepping stone to a more elaborate and complicated one.

Check out my website:

http://www.chandrujain.com

Here is a screenshot of the front page



This is a rudimentary site with just a few of my photographs. For the more elaborate and professional looking site, I have decided to go with ' Photocrati ' which is the ultimate template for photographers. Learning it will take up a lot my time. Then comes the arduous task of collecting all my photos from different computers, online storage drives and my backup drives. I do have a few thousands of photographs and will have to select a few hundred to showcase them on the website. These select photos will need to be resized for the web in the required dimensions for posting. The task is herculean but not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment